Monday, May 3, 2010

One of my goals for this thing is to make it less me-centred than the old journal. I think that subject has just about been exhausted. One of these days I'll write a really racy autobiography, but as I'm still working on researching that *wink wink*, I'd like to put myself aside for a bit and find some new material.

However, since this is The Beginning and all, here's a brief snippet about me: I'm a spoiled white girl, lapsed Christian, sometime goth, plagued by Asperger's and somewhat poorly-controlled diabetes. My core values are forgiveness, mercy, reason and the pursuit of knowledge, and I spend too much money on travelling, study books and video games and not enough on anything else. I can read and/or converse, to at least a rudimentary level, in nine languages and plan to never stop learning more. The four things I absolutely cannot live without are hot showers, Internet, my kanji/hanja cards, and Diet Coke. The four things I feel God requires of me are to read, write, pray and teach. I have a penchant for intelligent men, European men, and most of all intelligent European men. I am terribly self-conscious about my mouth. I can recite Casey at the Bat and the Jabberwocky as well as large swathes of The Waste Land by heart. I come from one of the most amazing, tolerant and self-sacrificing families ever assembled. I love shower products that smell like fruit, and will absolutely devour cheese, chocolate and vegetables (though preferably not all together). I am not terribly self-confident, tend toward laziness, disorganization, procrastination and taking the easy route whenever possible, only rarely put others before myself, and try much too hard to avoid conflict, in part because I am not very firm in my convictions. This is partly because I am aware of the impossibility of knowing almost anything for certain and always try to consider the possibility that I could be wrong.

I think that lengthy ejaculation was just about enough about me, but at least now you all know who's writing to you. I'm off to kill some shit in Just Cause 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment