It's Friday, the last day of the semester, and I have no classes today because of closing ceremonies and so forth. I saw something about a teachers' lunch which I hope to get out of, but we'll see; I skipped the teachers' trip on Wednesday (like I'm going to give up one of my rare free evenings to hang out on some island in the rain having horribly awkward conversations), so I feel like I need to attend whatever the next thing is.
Meanwhile, editing on my book is up-to-date, Korean homework is done, people have been emailed, this blog post is getting done, and I look forward to an afternoon of French and German study.
I'm not tired all the time any more. This comes as a great surprise; however, among all the possible causes for my chronic exhaustion (blood sugar, diabetic complications, poor diet, getting up early, exhaustion from work) it seems like the cure has been to eat more fruit. I don't know why that's the cure. It doesn't match any deficiency I've ever been diagnosed with, and I've always been pretty good about keeping up the vitamin C intake if nothing else. However, if all it takes to keep me out of bed is an orange or banana every day, I'm not going to complain. It probably helps that since I'm not the main teacher any more (I really should be, but the Education Office apparently has other ideas) I'm not as tired. This only reaffirms my belief that I really need to change jobs.
No comments:
Post a Comment