Saturday, June 5, 2010

So here I am in Vietnam, which is busy and fast-paced and which I'm totally not in the mood for. The Internet at Az's house died early on and I can't talk him into calling to get it fixed. Also, facebook is blocked here, so for those of you who usually see me there... well, you won't for a while.

I've been spending my days being mauled by the dog and walking around in the heat until I get heatstroke and spend the rest of the evening with a headache. It's awesome. Also playing Lego Batman.

I will talk more about the city and such once I have a chance to get some photos up for discussion.

I did my Korean embassy business yesterday. It was vastly complicated by the fact that the Korean embassy in Vietnam only accepts payment in US dollars. How did I not see that coming? I don't know. Then I discovered that banks in Vietnam won't change money into US dollars even though they are fairly widely used here as currency. So, three hours later, I finally got back to the embassy clutching a good old black market US $50 bill. I'm fairly certain the embassy people have no clue what I want, but they have promised to return my passport on Wednesday (afternoon, just so there's absolutely no time to fix any problems before my Wednesday night flight) and I can only hope it will have the right sort of stamp in it.

yeah, so I pretty much hate the world right now.

On the plus side, cheese is quite available here in Hanoi (God bless the French colonialists!) and I had some pretty great nachos and quesadillas last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment