Thursday, December 27, 2012

So, the long dreary autumn is finally over.  I graduated two weeks ago, and since then I've had my book accepted by my first-choice publisher, spent my last day at work with my co-teacher, and best of all, got engaged.  Now I'm on vacation, staying with Chris until work starts again (and maybe even after that) and getting stuff done that I want to do.  

The engagement story is a bit low-key, in line with my personality, really.  The ring is low-key, too, but I like it; it's nice and simple and comfortable on my finger.  I can't really imagine trying to work around a big diamond or something.  The proposal happened at a party on Christmas Eve.  It was a bunch of theatre people that Chris knows, so it was entertaining.  Karaoke is definitely a hundred times better when done by a bunch of people who are natural hams.  There was also Balderdash and cookies.  Back to the karaoke, though.  Chris put his name in for a song (O Holy Night as sung by Celine Dion) and then after the song he proposed in front of everyone.  I accepted and someone produced a bottle of champagne from somewhere.  After the party, when we went outside verrrrry early on Christmas morning, it was snowing.  We hurried home, grabbed our cameras, and headed back out into the snow to take pictures.  

Previously I'd been working on an idea I had, which was to drop paint into water and take pictures of the result.  That went fairly well, and Chris became interested, so we've expanded our operations and bought some more equipment to play with tomorrow.

I'm also working on translating a Korean short story with which I hope to win a contest.  It's a nice way to start, because literature doesn't require the precision of a business letter or legal document.  And, because finishing Yonsei shouldn't mean the end of studying, I'm registered for the advanced Korean proficiency test in a month or so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment