Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I should probably cover the weekend, since we travelled, but it was honestly kind of lame.  A lot of our travel weekends lately have been lame, because there's a reason we didn't go to these places before, because they're not all that interesting.  There was an arboretum which it turned out I'd already been to; I got a couple of pretty flower pics and then we waited a long time for a bus to get back to civilization.


As far as pictures of a single flower perfectly in focus with the background blurred go, that one's not even all that great.  The ocean was nice, though:


I get by with a little help from Photomatix, as it's all too pleased to tell you; that's what happens when you're too cheap to buy the real version.

Sunday it took us about five hours, all told, to get from Daejeon to the tomb of a colourful character who wrote cheeky poetry in the early 1800s (Kim Sat-Gat; I'm sure the Internet can tell you all about him if you're curious).  This is him in his infamous hat:


The bus let us off about six kilometres from our final destination, so we waited almost an hour for another bus to take us back to the city with heads bowed in failure, but luckily found a taxi instead and I managed to negotiate a trip to the tomb and then back to the city.

Today: Diary of a Korean public school teacher.  Four classes cancelled.  I taught two.  Finished my literature essay (this is for a contest; I can't remember if I talked about it previously or not.  The contest is put on by people I really think I should be working with as a translator, so I was trying to impress them.  We'll see how that goes...), studied for my speaking test, and polished up some grammar for my writing test.  All in all, I'm not too concerned about any of the tests except speaking, and even there I can do passably well if I'm not nervous.  Last time I was so nervous I could barely stutter.  Got to think of a way to relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment