That's seven students out of the 26 who should be here. This annoys me because 1) it's one of the reasons planning these camps is so impossible, 2) there's a waiting list of kids who didn't get to go to English camp because we had too many sign up, and 3) the school bought enough snacks for 26 kids, and with only 7, my co-teacher is giving them each double portions and STILL coming to me offering me huge bags of chips and whatever, and I keep having to explain that I really have no need for a giant bag of little bags of chips. Especially what with the elevated cholesterol and all...
In further "if they'd only bothered to plan just a LITTLE BIT" news, they're currently waxing the floor outside the English classroom, which means that our kids had to walk in their socks or indoor shoes through muddy water to get to class, which means they then tracked the muddy water into class...
What else? Well, I had to design a survey for Korean class; I'll talk about that when I've got the results, because I think it'll be interesting, but for now I'd just like to mention that a Korean speaker who checked the thing only corrected three mistakes, two of them quite minor. I feel proud. I also successfully translated almost all of some Korean text-speak; why the guy wanted it translated in the first place is an impenetrable mystery to me, but I did enjoy it as an intellectual exercise, trying to match stuff like 톨욜 with the right word, 토요일, or 담 and 다음, or 잇서 with 잇어서.
So, I guess I'm making some progress there.
No comments:
Post a Comment