We were studying parts of the face in camp the other day, and I was eliciting, and I pointed to my cheeks and said, "What are these?" Sky suggested, "Dark circles!"
Thanks, kid. It's a good thing you're not getting graded on this camp. Give me a break... it was 9:30 in the morning...
I can't think of much else that's interesting lately. Going to Shanghai in a few days; researching my not-so-dear departed ancestor who supposedly ended up stabbed to death there, but not getting anywhere. He wasn't really the sort to leave traces. Beyond that, it seems that while Shanghai used to be chock-full of foreigner cemeteries, they were all destroyed during the Cultural Revolution. So, unless the right shipping records are ever put online... I'm probably out of luck. Family stories about this guy are apocryphal at best, and it's entirely possible he was never anywhere near Shanghai.
Sometimes I think I'm a little too enthralled by mysteries. It's a major problem for a person whose life goal is to know everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment